- Features & Benefits
- Body and cover : Precision machined castings.
- Body and cover joint : Accurately machined
- Disc : one-piece construction to withstand the severe shock of check valve service. Hardfaced with 13Cr, CoCr alloy, SS 316, or Monel, ground and lapped to a mirror finish. Sizes NPS 2–6 (DN 50–150) may have solid CA 15 (13Cr) disc. SS 316 disc with CoCr alloy facing also available.
- Disc assembly: Non-rotating disc is fastened securely to disc hanger with a lock nut and cotter pin. Disc hanger is supported on a sturdy disc carrier hinge pin of excellent bearing qualities. All parts are accessible from top for easy servicing.
Swing Check Valve
- The main purpose of the Dual Plate Wafer Check Valve is to perform the work of almost any conventional valve. However, being smaller makes it lighter and, therefore, is more cost efficient to purchase, install and maintain. It is also a silent check valve; because of it’s innovative design, it does not slam upon closing.
The Dual Plate Wafer Check Valve plate design and flat seat offer many advantages. The flat seat eliminates any possibility of board snaps in the seat, which snaps occur frequently in other valves. When suspended in a vertical pin, the two plates have a reduced weight which eliminates excessive wear on the plate lugs. This wear can cause the plate to collapse on the seat’s open surface, causing the valve to subsequently fail.
An important feature of the Dual Plate Wafer Check Valve valve is that it does not depend on the pressure or flow to center the plates in relation to the sealing surface in order to make the seal.
Single plate conventional designs, even those having centering guides, require a backpressure and backflow to center the plate to the seat in order to get a non leakage adjustment. This feature becomes extremely risky in the event of reduced flow and the handling of gases at low pressure.
- Design in accordance with API 6D
- End to end dimension as per API 594
- Flange dimensions in accordance with ASME B16.5, ASME B16.47
- Inspection and Test according to API 598
- NACE MR-0175 Service
- Availability Double Flange from 12″